My practice was recently featured by Boston Chanel 5 CityLine. The Boston Globe, Boston Magazine, and Boston WHDH 7 News ask for my expert opinion sometimes as part of their news coverage.
I am strongly committed to maintaining you confidentiality and privacy.
- I strictly conform to the HIPAA laws.
- I will not discuss your case with anyone without your
written consent with exceptions to legal limits of
- My voicemail is
password protected and accessible only to me.
- All paper files are kept in a locked filing cabinet.
- All electronic information is encrypted and stored on a
- E-mail is not a secure form of communication, and therefore,
you should not include any sensitive clinical information in your
messages to me.
- I am no longer a provider for any insurance company.
Payment is expected at each appointment.
Your policy may have out-of-network benefits which will allow you
to see me. Please check with your insurance company regarding
your out-of-network benefits. Let them know that you will be
seeing a licensed clinical psychologist.
- Medical reimbursement accounts: You can use a pre-tax health
reimbursement account (HRA, also known as “flexible
spending accounts”) to pay for my regular fee or for the
insurance co-payment. You may create/adjust these accounts
annually or whenever your (or your partner's) employment or
family situation changes. We can estimate the number of sessions
that you would need. Such accounts are offered by employers;
check with your benefits officer for details.
- I offer flexible daytime and evening hours. By
appointment only (617-231-0011). Walk-in therapy is not available.
- Twenty-four hour cancellation notice is required to avoid
being charged for the full session. Please note that insurance
companies do not reimburse for cancelled sessions; in case of less
than 24 hour notice, you will be responsible for the full session
- If you cannot make it to the office in person, it is possible
to do a session by phone (not on the first session); insurance
companies generally do not reimburse for phone sessions.